5 steps to setting up a monitor:
- Make sure the monitors are not to close together
- Angle the speakers correctly as to avoid smearing and definition loss.
- Mount monitors on stands if possible.
- Make sure to set the parameter controls right.
- Set monitors upright.
Tips for choosing monitors:
- Don’t judge a book by its cover ( pick the right monitor for you).
- Make sure that the monitor you buy is good quality and a good price( don’t make this choice light hardheartedly).
- Listen to a monitor with something you know and are familiar with to know if it sounds the way it should.
4 Rules for EQing when mastering:
- Listen to other cds and records before touching the EQ dial so that you know how they should sound
- Don’t over do it!
- Keep going back to the original to see if the difference is always positive.
- Take a look at the older songs you have mastered to see a point of reference.
Mastering songs in 6 steps:
- Start by listening to all of the tracks.
- Focus on the track you are going to start with.
- Find the most important part.
- Know what you want it to turn out like.
- Start by raising the level.
- Adjust all levels so they match.
8 Steps for mixing masters:
- Don’t over EQ!
- Don’t over compress.
- Be prepared.
- Make sure you don’t lose anyone while mixing.
- Go to mastering session.
- Make sure your song is short enough.
- Its OK to ask for help.
Recording a great guitar sound:
- Use 2 Mikes
- use a Marchel 4×20.
Advanced options for a acoustic recording:
- Record different parts of guitar.
- close miking.
- Two mikes.